Keyholder - East Hampton
East Hampton, NY 11937
Retail Management: 1 year (Preferred)
Who we are:
Stoney Clover Lane, founded by sisters Kendall and Libby Glazer, reimagines everyday organization through their line of travel accessories designed to spark self-expression.
Instantly personal, thanks to fun, coordinating patches and customization options, the range of must-have essentials includes pouches, duffels, and backpacks, as well as small accessories like luggage tags, phone cases, and laptop cases. Since 2009, their candy-colored classics and personalized patches have become well-known for bringing some much-needed personality to the highly uniform category of travel accessories. Explore and shop SCL exclusives online, at our three store locations, and at retailers such as Nordstrom, ShopBop, and Four Seasons.
Who you are:
You love the details! You believe every occasion is a special occasion with your superior service. You are obsessed with the guest, love getting to know people and have a keen memory for names and faces. No task is too small, no detail overlooked. You have an inherent desire to connect, to learn and to build a brand. You lead with your heart but strategize for the sale.
You are entrepreneurial and have a merchant mentality. You drive for results and develop your team to achieve sales goals. You are responsible for all aspects of store retail operations and maintain a premium guest experience. You maintain store inventory levels, smooth out processes and own the visual aesthetic of the store. You work closely with key relationships and represent Stoney Clover Lane with excitement and warmth. Your staff loves working with you and your guests love seeing you.
As a Key Holder you exhibit an aptitude for managerial responsibilities. This position is responsible for opening and closing the store and performing other duties in the absence of management. You will assist teammates in periods of high volume and provide support for new employees. In addition, you will ensure the store is clean and well-organized.
A day in the life:
- You deliver all areas of the guest experience on the floor: helping the guest with product selection and customization.
- You greet every guest with enthusiasm and introduce guests to the brand concept and ethos.
- You handle all guest issues calmly, with ease, and with the guest’s best interest in mind.
- You utilize the Point of Sale system, process payments, refunds/exchanges, and issue gift cards.
- You complete daily store walkthroughs, visual merchandising, and sell-through assessment.
- Throughout the day, you restock the inventory and maintain visual aesthetic.
- You know the sales goals and strategize with your team on how to hit daily targets.
- You utilize sales techniques and actively sell on the floor.
- You engage in clienteling tactics.
- You complete inventory tasks as assigned: receiving and processing, discrepancy, and stock level management through the proper inventory channels.
- You maintain an organized back of house so neatly it could be the front of house.
- You assist in community outreach, events, and trunk shows/pop-ups.
- You maintain a professional and courteous relationship with guests and co- workers that fosters a positive work environment and embraces diversity.
- You aid the management team in the implementation of merchandising and operational standards.
- You have strong time management skills, strategically manage the day-to-day operations of the sales floor, and can prioritize and adapt to daily business needs in the moment, giving feedback and direction when needed.
- You are the manager-on-duty when the Store Manager and Assistant Manager are not present.
- 1-2 years of management experience preferred
- Customer- and team-focused attitude
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills; friendly and approachable
- Familiarity with point of sale systems
- Maintain a well-groomed and professional demeanor
- Able to stand for extended periods of time and lift objects up to 25 pounds
- Adaptable; able to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Open availability; dependable and punctual attendance
- Applicants are a minimum of 18 years of age
- High school diploma or GED preferred; completion of post-secondary education will be considered an asset
- All employees’ availability must reflect the needs of the business, which may change from time to time. The Store Manager determines the availability needs, and this schedule could include a combination of shift times, including mornings, evenings, and weekends
- Stoney Clover Lane reserves the right to make schedule adjustments based on needs requirements.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 - $19.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Supervising Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Store Manager
- Assistant Manager
Employees working per shift:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place