Assistant Manager - East Hampton
Who we are:
Stoney Clover Lane, founded by sisters Kendall and Libby Glazer, reimagines everyday organization through their line of travel accessories designed to spark self-expression.
Instantly personal, thanks to fun, coordinating patches and customization options, the range of must-have essentials includes pouches, duffels, and backpacks, as well as small accessories like luggage tags, phone cases, and laptop cases. Since 2009, their candy-colored classics and personalized patches have become well-known for bringing some much-needed personality to the highly uniform category of travel accessories. Explore and shop SCL exclusives online, at our three store locations, and at retailers such as Nordstrom, ShopBop, and Four Seasons.
Who you are:
You love the details! You believe every occasion is a special occasion with your superior service. You are obsessed with the guest, love getting to know people, and have a keen memory for names and faces. No task is too small, no detail overlooked. You have an inherent desire to connect, to learn, and to build a brand. You lead with your heart but strategize for the sale.
You are entrepreneurial and have a merchant mentality. You drive for results and develop your team to achieve sales goals. You are responsible for all aspects of store retail operations and maintain a premium guest experience. You maintain store inventory levels, smooth out processes, and own the visual aesthetic of the store. You work closely with key relationships and represent Stoney Clover Lane with excitement and warmth. Your staff loves working with you and your guests love seeing you.
A Day in the Life:
- You are responsible for all areas of the guest experience.
- You are on the floor five days a week working with guests and coaching your staff.
- Through excellent time management, you create a schedule allowing for dedicated time for weekly scheduling, inventory, and events management.
- You are the Store Manager’s right hand in leading a profitable store by enrolling your team to achieve sales plan, utilizing your tools to strategically plan sales targets, manage labor hours, and review store expenses and budget.
- You ensure your team utilizes sales techniques and demonstrates them by actively selling on the floor.
- You perform daily store walkthroughs, visual merchandising, and sell-through assessment.
- You complete inventory receiving and processing as well as discrepancy and stock level management through the inventory communication channels.
- You keep the back of house so well-organized it could be the front of house.
- You delegate tasks based on strengths and utilize coaching moments to develop your staff.
- You make decisions in the guest’s best interest while coaching and empowering your staff to do the same.
- Recruit, train and develop staff and ensure all positions are filled with qualified, brand-savvy employees.
- You are fully accountable for overseeing the brand execution of in-store trunk shows/pop-ups.
- Passion for the guest experience every step of the way.
- You integrate fun and joy as part of your daily work experience and the environment you create for your staff and for your guests.
- Clear communication and ability to ask for what you need.
- You are solution-focused and take calculated risks.
- A relentless drive for results.
- You are courageously creative to try something new while maintaining the brand ethos.
- 5 years professional work experience.
- 2 years of retail experience in a management role.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred. High school diploma / GED required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel / Office and Google Docs / Sheets.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Applicants must be 18 years of age and able to work legally in the USA.
- Hours Expectations: 40-45 hours per week
- Weekly schedule subject to change during busy season and events. Stoney Clover Lane reserves the right to make schedule adjustments based on needs requirements. Blackout dates change according to the seasonality of the store.
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- Commission pay
Hand sanitation stations, store decals for social distancing, and capacity limitations
- Management: 2 years (Preferred)
$50,000 - $55,000 a year