Seamstress - East Hampton
Who we are:
Founded in 2009 by sisters Kendall and Libby Glazer, Stoney Clover Lane makes customizable accessories for travel and every day. We make the organization interesting. Our goal is to become your #1 customizable lifestyle accessory brand and the best way to surprise and delight friends and family as your go-to gift purchase. At Stoney Clover Lane, creating a memorable guest experience is our North Star. No detail and no occasion is too small. You can find Stoney Clover Lane online, at select retailers and in our three storefront locations: Palm Beach, East Hampton and New York.
Who you are:
You love the details! And believe every occasion is a special occasion with stellar service and attention to details. You are obsessed with the guest, love getting to know people, and have a keen memory for names and faces. No task is too small, no detail overlooked. You have an inherent desire to perfect, connect, learn, and to build a brand through product delivery.
A day in the life:
- Your primary role is the fulfillment of custom orders by sewing digitally embroidered patches onto accessories.
- You have a keen, meticulous eye for detail in customization and adjust the layout and line up patches onto accessories based off of invoice pictures or instructions.
- Due to the nature of our business, from time-to-time, you assist in customization by laying out customized designs before sewing.
- Clean up after projects, customization, and sewing.
- Communicate supplies, ideas for efficiency and accuracy, repeat damages, or anything to improve the sewing process.
- Travel to events or stores for in the moment sewing for guests shopping.
- Domestic and industrial straight stitch sewing machine.
- Experience with post or cylinder bed sewing machine a plus.
- Embroidery: Know how to operate a manual chain stitch embroidery machine.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel / Office and Google Docs / Sheets a plus.
- Applicants must be 18 years of age and able to work legally in the USA.
- Sewing: 2 years (Required)
- Hours expectations: PT: 18-32; FT: 32-40
- Weekly schedule subject to change during busy season and events. Stoney Clover Lane reserves the right to make schedule adjustments based on needs requirements.
- Flexible schedule
- Monday to Friday
We have provided masks, cleaning crews, social distancing, and max capacity within the store. We also have screen guards near our sewing station and temperatures taken daily.
$20 - $23 an hour